Northrop Grumman (NOC) ($95.18 vs. $80.86 on May 23) set a new multi-year high at $99.10 on Sept. 19 then fell to its 50-day SMA at $94.48 on Oct. 2. My semiannual value level is $87.62 with a quarterly pivot at $94.68 and monthly risky level at $101.98.
Raytheon (RTN) ($76.08 vs. $66.24 on May 23) set a new multi-year high at $81.26 on Sept. 19 then ended Oct. 3 below its 50-day SMA at $76.26. My annual value level is $69.36 with a weekly pivot at $79.31 and quarterly risky level at $81.69.
United Technologies (UTX) ($104.98 vs. $96.25 on May 23) set a new multi-year high at $112.46 on Sept. 19 then ended Oct. 2 below its 50-day SMA at $105.65. My weekly value level is $103.68 with a semiannual pivot at $107.61 and monthly risky level at $108.97.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV