THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. and GAITHERSBURG, Md., Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN) and AstraZeneca (AZN), with its biologics research and development arm MedImmune, today announced the upcoming presentation of several key studies evaluating brodalumab, a human monoclonal antibody targeting the interleukin-17 (IL-17) receptor, for the treatment of moderate to severe psoriasis at the 22 nd Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) in Istanbul, Oct. 2-6, 2013.
"The Phase 2 data demonstrate that the primary and secondary end points were met, including many patients achieving and maintaining total skin clearance with continued brodalumab therapy," said Sean E. Harper, M.D., executive vice president of Research and Development at Amgen. "We look forward to further investigating brodalumab for patients with moderate to severe psoriasis."
Dr. Bahija Jallal, executive vice president, MedImmune added, "We're very encouraged by these results and the initiation of our Phase 3 program."
In Oct. 2012, the companies announced the start of the Phase 3 program in moderate to severe psoriasis for brodalumab. The program consists of three Phase 3 studies evaluating treatment with brodalumab compared with ustekinumab and/or placebo.Abstracts will be presented during the poster session on Friday, Oct. 4, 2013. Abstracts of Interest Include:
- Maintenance of Clinical Response with Long-Term Brodalumab (AMG 827) Therapy for Psoriasis: Week 96 Results from an Open-Label Extension Study (Poster IST13-0686)
- Difference in Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQoL) with Increased Improvements in Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI) and Maintenance of Skin Clearance (Poster 1030)
- Impact of Treatment with Brodalumab on Psoriasis Symptom Severity: Use of a Novel Patient-Reported Outcome Measure, the Psoriasis Symptom Inventory (PSI) (Poster 1640)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV