Jury Finds AEG Live Not Liable For Michael Jackson's Death After Five-Month Trial In Jackson Family Lawsuit
"I counted Michael Jackson a creative partner and a friend," Phillips said. "We lost one of the world's greatest musical geniuses, but I am relieved and deeply grateful that the jury recognized that neither I, nor anyone else at AEG Live, played any part in Michael's tragic death."
"I am pleased that the jury recognized that this lawsuit was without merit, and the entire AEG family looks forward to putting this unfortunate chapter behind us," said Dan Beckerman, President and CEO of AEG, Inc.
Plaintiffs repeatedly proposed that AEG Live throw in with them to settle the case with insurance money and no money out of AEG Live's pocket. AEG Live refused, citing their long and deeply held policy against paying out baseless claims. Said Putnam, "Some people make the mistake of looking at AEG Live as an easy target due to their size and presence in Los Angeles. That's a mistake."
SOURCE O'Melveny & Myers LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV