Chris Lau, Kapitall: The HP Chromebook 14, powered by Google's Chrome OS, want to brighten your portfolio this holiday season.
Read more from Kapitall: Blackberry Isn't Private Yet: Are Shares Ripe for the Picking
This could be a worrisome development for companies like Microsoft (MSFT). Microsoft is relying on the traditional upgrade cycle towards Windows 8.1, but budget mobile laptops like the Chromebook have the potential to impact sales this time around.Chromebook 14 specs To speed up the booting up sequence, the storage will have a 16GB solid-state disk.
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) generally reduce the time it takes to start up a system.
- Windows XP and 7 both benefit from SSD.
- HP recognized the performance benefit by including one.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts