FREEHOLD, N.J., Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UMH Properties, Inc. (NYSE:UMH) announced that on October 1, 2013, it closed on the acquisition of Rolling Hills Estates, a 91-site manufactured home community situated on approximately 34 acres, located in Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, for a purchase price of $1,720,000. With this purchase, UMH now owns sixty-nine manufactured home communities consisting of approximately 12,900 sites.
Samuel A. Landy, President, stated, "We are pleased to announce the acquisition of this family community. This community is in close proximity to several of our other communities and will further enhance our substantial presence throughout the Marcellus and Utica shale region."
UMH, which was organized in 1968, is a public equity REIT that owns and operates sixty-nine manufactured home communities containing approximately 12,900 developed home sites. These communities are located in New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Indiana and Michigan. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities.
SOURCE UMH Properties, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV