(NYSE: CVT), a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform, today announced a partnership with technology service provider
to resell the
mobile app development platform to corporate meeting and event planners and hoteliers. PSAV has exceptional reach into corporate events and is relied on as a trusted partner for more than 1,000 events per day, has partnerships with more than 1,200 hotels and resorts, and regional offices in 35 major cities across multiple countries.
PSAV chose CrowdCompass because of its excellent technology, functionality and ease of use when creating highly configurable native apps. Going forward, CrowdCompass apps will be the mobile app technology that PSAV resells and supports during the span of the partnership, marking a shift in PSAV’s mobile app strategy.
“We believe there is an enormous opportunity for corporate meetings and event mobile apps,” said Matthew Donegan-Ryan, Director of Mobile Strategy at Cvent. “This partnership with PSAV, which has an excellent reputation for providing superior event technology services, is validation of the market’s interest in mobile apps and an endorsement of CrowdCompass’ extensive features and capabilities.”
As part of the agreement PSAV will also provide onsite support for CrowdCompass mobile event apps. PSAV's staff is trained to implement, configure and support apps. Clients will now be able to entrust the deployment and adoption of an app at their event to the same company that provides all of their audio and visual service needs.
“PSAV is committed to providing technology and tech support to amplify the effectiveness of meetings,” said Brent Rogers, Vice President, Digital Services at PSAV. “We have been impressed with Cvent’s technology and know that planners can be confident using the CrowdCompass mobile app development platform to create tailored apps that drive engagement and make meetings more effective.”
CrowdCompass, Cvent’s business event mobile app division, is an industry-leading mobile app developer for conferences, trade shows and a wide variety of corporate, association and trade events. The platform gives event planners a simple interface for building and publishing branded event apps. As paper conference guides become increasingly unpopular among attendees, CrowdCompass mobile apps are transforming the event experience—making it easier to:
About Cvent, Inc.
- ENGAGE ATTENDEES: Attendees can share contact information and network with others before, during and after the event. Advanced scheduling capabilities and dynamic floor plans allow attendees to easily navigate the event and have a better experience.
- PROMOTE SPEAKERS: Gain greater speaker visibility by including their photo, bio, presentations, etc; speakers can be searched for and bookmarked in the app.
- EMPOWER EXHIBITORS: Include a game (e.g., Click, a photo-based scavenger hunt) to help exhibitors connect with potential customers, improve lead generation and expand their brand beyond the tradeshow booth.
- SUPPORT SPONSORS: Help sponsors be successful and create a bigger impact through banner ads and push notifications. The platform includes detailed metrics and reports that show the effectiveness of their reach.
- INSPIRE PLANNERS: Get valuable real-time feedback through in-app surveys and increase revenue through mobile advertising.
Cvent, Inc. (NYSE: CVT) is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform. Cvent offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Cvent provides hotels with a targeted advertising platform designed to reach event planners looking for suitable venues. Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events. For more information, please visit
, or connect with us on
PSAV provides legendary service and innovative technology to create memorable experiences for planners, producers and customers across the corporate, association and special event markets. Combining local expertise and the broadest array of event technology, PSAV offers more resources in more places than any other audiovisual partner. PSAV employs more than 4,500 full-time, highly trained professionals in 1,200 destination resorts and hotels throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe and the Middle East.