SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Red Cross and Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) today announced an important milestone in honor of National Fire Prevention Month –training, educating or engaging more than 700,000 residents throughout Northern and Central California as part of the Ready Neighborhoods initiative.
In 2012, PG&E announced a $2.5 million initiative to provide residents and communities with emergency preparedness training and education to help build safer communities in California. Together, the American Red Cross and PG&E aim to reach more than one million residents by 2014.
This year, the Ready Neighborhoods initiative will build on its success by launching fire prevention events and outreach in Bakersfield, Fresno and Sacramento during the month of October in honor of National Fire Prevention Month.
"Through the Ready Neighborhoods initiative, the Red Cross Central Valley is empowering families to effectively prepare for and respond to emergencies, ultimately helping communities be more resilient following a disaster," said Ellen Knapp, Regional Chief Executive Officer for the Central Valley Region. She went on to state that "during National Fire Prevention Month the Central Valley Red Cross will launch Season Three of Team Firestopper, a program that will educate thousands of families on home fire prevention. This education is extremely important since volunteers in the Central Valley are responding to families affected by a home fire every 15 hours."The Red Cross' Team Firestopper project offers a comprehensive outreach and training program on the simple steps that residents can take to protect their homes and families from fires. The Firestopper program targets communities that have high incidents of fires, and will include various forms of outreach including community canvassing, home fire safety visits and safety fair seminars.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV