Oct. 2, 2013
, recognized leaders for the most innovative and scientifically accurate fitness and wellness products, today unveiled the LifeTrak
C410 – the latest in NASA caliber physiologic monitoring for activity and sleep tracking. Dr.
, Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President of Engineering at Salutron provided a first viewing of the
C410 today on stage in a session entitled "Off the Couch and Into Shape: Tools for Physical Fitness" conducted in Grand Ballroom D at
11:30 am Pacific Standard Time
during the Seventh Annual
Health 2.0 Conference
Convention Center in Silicon Valley.
Known for the leading-edge technology found in the LifeTrak brand and other private-label and well-known global sports brands, Salutron continues to deliver advances in activity monitoring that address unmet needs for consumers and drive better health. Introduction of the first auto-detected sleep monitoring capability for LifeTrak activity trackers, incorporated into the
C410, marks another important advance for the industry. Unlike other devices that require the press of a button before you fall asleep and when you wake up – which is often easy to forget to do – the
C410 is engineered to automatically detect when you fall asleep and wake up, as well as track and graphically report your sleep patterns throughout the night. As with other LifeTrak devices, the
C410 also provides accurate heart rate monitoring and blue-tooth compatibility for data syncing with mobile devices in a waterproof tracker that doesn't require charging, encouraging continuous use.
"We believe that providing the best science in an activity tracker that can be continuously worn and easily integrated into daily activities will help drive significant behavior changes that lead to better overall health," said Dr.
, Chairman and CEO of Salutron. "We are proud to deliver automated sleep tracking technology incorporated into our
C410 to the industry and consumers. It demonstrates not only our commitment to strong science, but sets us on a course to achieve our mission of helping people everywhere live longer, healthier lives."
"Actigraphy – the continuous monitoring of levels of activity and sleep – provided in the LifeTrak
C410 is another highly accurate NASA caliber physiologic measurement that we have developed as part of our core technology," said Dr.
, Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President of Engineering at Salutron. "We are pleased to lead the industry in advancing the science of sleep monitoring and activity tracking and to continue to develop the strongest science to help keep people healthy. Our unique algorithms that provide calorie computation based on motion and heart rate, our active motion artifact correction, ECG accurate heart rate and low power signal processing for motion analysis, along with the incorporation of NASA caliber physiologic monitoring for sleep patterns sets a new standard for the activity tracking industry. We are inspired by the progress being made in activity tracking and excited by the opportunities to continue to lead the revolution in healthcare with our strong science and technology."
Key Features of LifeTrak Zone C410:
Pricing and Availability:
- Sleep Monitoring: Automatic detection of start and end of sleep cycle along combined with actigraphy tracking of micro movements to determine duration and quality of sleep.
- Bluetooth® Smart Connectivity: Easy and simple connectivity to Bluetooth Smart enabled devices providing a gateway to a world of health and fitness apps.
- ECG Accurate Heart Rate: Patented S-Pulse™ ECG accurate heart rate from a simple press of a button. ECG wave references and storage of last heart rate taken.
- Automated Tracking: All-day calorie burn and step tracking along with auto-calibrated distance.
- Advanced Calorie Tracking: Proprietary calorie algorithm integrates heart rate and activity data to provide a full day's record of calories burned.
- Dynamic Distance Calibration: patented pace-based calibration algorithm dynamically adjusts to stride length based on identification of walking, jogging and running motions.
- Enhanced Step Filtering: Filters out false step count.
- ComfortFit Band: Reversible/interchangeable bands for full customization. Additional band colors available.
- 7-Day and Hourly Records: Easy, intuitive navigation with context driven display. Review your results from the past seven days or see your progress throughout the day with a 24-hr progress bar. Measured parameters automatically reset at midnight and offer independent daily goal setting.
- Independent Workout Mode: Track calories, steps, distance and workout time separately from daily tracking.
- Time Keeping: Time, day and date settings with AM/PM or 24-hour time format.
- Ultralow Power Monitoring: One year+ estimated battery life; no charging required.
- Waterproof: Submersible to 90 feet.
C410 will be available for a suggested retail price of
through leading retailers nationwide and via the LifeTrak web site at
The LifeTrak family of products includes the
C410 LifeTrak activity trackers, offering NASA-caliber technology for activity tracking and heart rate monitoring, are waterproof, require no charging, and are highly affordable ranging from
$49.99 to $99.99
for various models. For more information on the complete family of LifeTrak products, please visit
About Dr. Jin Lee
Dr. Lee brings more than 20 years of technical development and leadership to Salutron and also serves as the Chief Technology Officer and General Manager of Linea Research Corporation, which recently merged with Salutron to capitalize on the innovative sensor integration and signal processing strengths of both companies. Beginning his career at Texas Instruments in the Semiconductor Process and Device Center, Dr. Lee quickly rose to Director of Semiconductor Technologies at Veeco Instruments. In 2000, Dr. Lee founded Semizone, Inc. and served as President for the next six years. Since 2006, Dr. Lee has guided Linea Research Corporation as they provide cutting edge technologies to clients in industry as well as agencies including NASA, the Department of Defense, and the Department of Homeland Security. Dr. Lee holds multiple degrees from
, including a BS in Electrical Engineering, a BA in Economics, an MS in Electrical Engineering, an MS in Engineering Management, and a PhD in Electrical Engineering.
Salutron, Inc. develops physiological monitoring solutions for wearable devices and exercise equipment. Salutron technology has been incorporated into many of the name brands including Precor, Nautilus,
, and Life Fitness found in gyms across the globe. The wearable devices, in band and watch format, can be found in major retailers including Sports Authority, Sport Chalet, Dick's Sporting Goods, Big 5, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, CVS, Costco, and Amazon. Salutron technology has also been incorporated into many well-known private label brands including Timex, Reebok, New Balance, Sportline and Pro-Form. Salutron is privately held and based in
More information on Salutron and LifeTrak products can be found at
or follow @MyLifeTrak.
on behalf of Salutron, Inc.
SOURCE Salutron, Inc.