Calvin Klein, Inc. today announced a unique partnership with non-profit organization, Every Mother Counts (EMC), which was founded by model and global maternal health advocate, Christy Turlington Burns, who is currently featured in the Fall 2013 Calvin Klein Underwear global advertising campaign.
The two organizations have come together to extend their existing relationships and create a multiplatform program designed to broaden awareness of EMC’s mission to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for all moms. The global multi-pronged initiative will be seen in print, outdoor, and online, as well as include fundraising opportunities to improve the health and well-being of girls and women worldwide through EMC supported programs in the U.S., Haiti, Uganda and Indonesia in their effort to avert deaths caused by pregnancy and childbirth around the world.
”I am thrilled to be representing the Calvin Klein brand again after so many years and especially proud of our partnership which will raise awareness and support of improved maternal health,” said Turlington Burns, founder of Every Mother Counts.
“We are proud to collaborate with Every Mother Counts and help promote its vital mission with our brand’s global reach,” said Tom Murry, Chief Executive Officer, Calvin Klein, Inc. “Given Christy’s history and on-going connection with the house, we are pleased to work with her in this new light and support her and the organization’s meaningful work.”Beginning with the November 2013 issues of some of the most read magazines in the world, a global EMC public service announcement (PSA) will debut featuring Turlington Burns, with messaging to broaden awareness of the organization’s mission and social media platforms, as well as direct people to learn more about, and donate to the cause. Created by CRK, Calvin Klein, Inc.’s in-house advertising agency, the PSA utilizes the creative from the latest Calvin Klein Underwear campaign which was shot by fashion photographer Mario Sorrenti. Calvin Klein, Inc. worked closely with publishers around the world to procure placements of the EMC PSA with prominent magazine titles – such as Vogue, W, ELLE, Vanity Fair, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Town & Country, GQ, Details and Esquire, among many others – resulting in over 90 print PSA’s to be published, as well as digital and outdoor executions, spanning all continents, with an estimated media value of over $5 million. To complement the PSA campaign, Calvin Klein, Inc. will also engage other platforms as well, including their newly redesigned U.S. e-commerce site, their global social media platforms and their retail network:
- Beginning October 3 rd, the company will donate $1 dollar to EMC for each bra purchased on calvinklein.com;
- During the week of October 7 th, Calvin Klein will leverage their Facebook and Twitter social media platforms with dedicated messaging to further engage and educate fans of the Calvin Klein brand on EMC’s important work and mission; and,
- During the month of October, messaging will be employed in the retail windows of hundreds of Calvin Klein Underwear’s freestanding stores worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV