An energy player that insiders are jumping into here is NuStar GP (NSH), which is a refiner, marketer, and operator of petroleum product terminals and petroleum liquids pipelines. Insiders are buying this stock into notable weakness, since shares are off by 18.9% so far in 2013.
NuStar GP has a market cap of $954 million. This stock trades at a cheap valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 20.12 and a forward price-to-earnings of 15.27. Its estimated growth rate for the next quarter is 183.3%, and for next year it's pegged at 21.1%.>>5 Stocks Rising on Big Volume A director just bought 50,000 shares, or about $1.02 million worth of stock, at $20.45 to $20.77 per share. From a technical perspective, NSH is currently trending below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock had been downtrending badly for the last six months, with shares falling sharply lower from its high of $31.09 to its recent low of $19.34 a share. During that downtrend, shares of NSH have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, shares of NSH have now started to rebound off that $19.34 low and it has entered a new uptrend. That move is pushing shares of NSH within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. If you're bullish on NSH, then look for long-biased trades as long as this stock is trending above some key near-term support at $21.80 or at $21 and then once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $22.70 to its 50-day at $23.22 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average volume of 205,620 shares. If that breakout hits, then NSH will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $26 to its 200-day at $27.20 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV