One biopharmaceutical player that insiders are loading up on here is Synageva BioPharma ( GEVA), which is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutic products for patients with life-threatening rare diseases and unmet medical need. Insiders are buying this stock into solid strength, since shares are up 43% so far in 2013.
Synageva BioPharma has a market cap of $1.97 billion. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -73.2%, and for next year it's pegged at -22.8%.>>4 Biotech Stocks Under $10 Making Big Moves A director just bought 1.05 million shares, or about $59.46 million worth of stock, at $56.63 per share. From a technical perspective, GEVA is currently trending well above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last month and change, with shares soaring higher from its low of $44.52 to its intraday high of $68.25 a share. During that uptrend, shares of GEVA have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That said, shares of GEVA have now entered extremely overbought territory, since its current relative strength index reading is 89. If you're bullish on GEVA, then look for long-biased trades after this stock has cooled off and worked off some of its overbought conditions. I would look for a pullback back toward $62.50 or $60 a share to potentially get long shares of GEVA. Keep in mind that as long as GEVA is trending above its key breakout level of $55, then it remains in a very bullish uptrend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV