McAfee today announced an end-to-end solution to help organizations combat the increasing challenges of advanced malware. McAfee’s approach to comprehensive threat protection allows organizations to respond to attacks faster and seamlessly move from analysis and conviction to protection and resolution. McAfee goes beyond single-feature, static analysis sandboxing products to address all three key requirements needed to counter today’s stealthy threats: the ability to find advanced malware with the new McAfee Advanced Threat Defense appliance, the ability to freeze the threats with McAfee network solutions, and the ability to initiate a fix with McAfee Real Time.
Enterprises are struggling to meet the threat defense challenges facing them today. Malware is now more sophisticated and stealthy. Many organizations are relying on their legacy security products and waiting for additional advanced malware protections to be incorporated, thereby exposing their organization to malware threats. Or they are using standalone malware products and plugging in third party products that are not integrated with the rest of the environment. While this may be expedient it is not a good strategy and can end up costing more money in the long run. Dealing with multiple contracts, multiple deployments, support headaches, development tasks, or paying a premium for connectors to enable the integration are just a few of the issues for organizations.
McAfee is the first company to Find, Freeze and Fix advanced threats via an end-to-end solution:
- Find: Innovative analysis technologies work together quickly and accurately to detect today’s sophisticated threats across multiple protocols
- Freeze: Integration with McAfee network solutions freezes the threat from infecting additional devices
- Fix: McAfee Real Time identifies the device(s) that require remediation and streamlines the response, enabling automated investigation across all endpoints resulting in cost-effective remediation
“Advanced malware is a difficult problem facing organizations of all sizes,” said Pat Calhoun, general manager of network security at McAfee. “Detecting malware is only one piece of the whole solution. You also have to stop it from further infecting the network and remediate any infections. Difficult problems don’t require difficult solutions. McAfee combines superior threat detection with network and endpoint protection resulting in lower total cost of ownership for businesses.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts