Crude oil ($101.78) remains below its 50-day SMA at $106.11 with the 200-day SMA at $97.73 on an oversold daily chart. The weekly chart remains negative with the five-week MMA at $104.72 and the 200-week SMA at $91.05. Monthly and daily value levels are $99.84 and $99.26 with weekly, semiannual, quarterly and annual risky levels at $105.87, $109.84, $114.36 and $115.23.
Continue to trade crude oil using the Energy Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLE) ($83.44) which is above its 50-day SMA at $82.79 with the 200-day SMA at $79.24. The energy ETF is above its five-week MMA at $82.87. Weekly and semiannual value levels are $82.19 and $81.91 with a monthly pivot at $83.51 and semiannual and annual risky levels at $88.35 and $91.08.
SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Avg ETF Fund (DIA) ($151.62) popped to a new all-time high at $157.06 following the Fed statement on Sept. 18 and ended last week below its 50-day SMA at $152.51 with the 200-day SMA at $146.54. Diamonds are below its five-week MMA at $152.08. My weekly value level is $146.86 with monthly, semiannual and quarterly risky levels at $158.91, $164.06 and $167.20.
PowerShares QQQ Trust Series 1 (QQQ) ($79.68) is above its 50-day SMA at $76.91 with the 200-day SMA at $71.48 and a new multi-year high at $79.72 set on Oct. 1. The Nasdaq 100 shares ETF is well above its five-week MMA at $77.17. Weekly and quarterly value levels are $77.75 and $77.11 with monthly, semiannual and quarterly risky levels at $79.87, $80.72 and $85.12.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV