According to Bank Director magazine, Miami Lakes-based BankUnited is the “top-performing, publicly-owned mid-sized bank in America.” The magazine, which featured BankUnited Chairman, President and CEO John Kanas on the August cover, issued its 2013 “Bank Performance Scorecard,” ranking BankUnited first among banks with assets between $5 billion and $50 billion.
The magazine annually ranks publicly traded banks based on profitability, asset quality and capitalizations. There are 289 banks in three asset size categories, and the ranking is based on 2012 calendar year data. Last year BankUnited claimed the number two spot on the list.
About BankUnited, N.A.
BankUnited, N.A., a national bank and wholly-owned subsidiary of
BankUnited, Inc. (NYSE: BKU), is headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida
with $13.1 billion of assets, 98 banking centers in 15 Florida counties
and four banking centers in the New York metropolitan area at June 30,
2013. Ranked 10th on Forbes Magazine's list of "Best Banks in America
2012," and one of the largest independent depository institutions
headquartered in Florida by assets, BankUnited provides a wide range of
commercial and consumer banking services. For additional information,
call (877) 779-2265 or visit
BankUnited can be found on Facebook at facebook.com/BankUnited.official
and on Twitter @BankUnited.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV