W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today announced that Alastair Blades has been named chief executive of W. R. Berkley Syndicate Management Limited, which acts as the Lloyd’s managing agent for W. R. Berkley Syndicate 1967. The appointment is effective immediately, subject to required regulatory approvals. Mr. Blades succeeds Michael A. Sibthorpe, who has resigned from the company.
Mr. Blades, who has over 25 years of experience in the insurance industry, is currently serving as a director on the board of directors of W. R. Berkley Syndicate Management Limited and is its active underwriter and chief underwriting officer. Mr. Blades joined W. R. Berkley Corporation in 2009. He is also currently serving as the Deputy Chairman of the LMA Worldwide Property Business Panel, an insurance industry group.
William R. Berkley, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of W. R. Berkley Corporation, said: “Alastair is a proven insurance professional, combining leadership qualities with a depth of understanding of the Lloyd’s market. W. R. Berkley Syndicate 1967 has established itself as a leading underwriter in its chosen classes of business, property, marine and accident, and remains well positioned to continue to serve its clients and brokers. We thank Mike for his significant contributions to the creation and formation of our integrated Lloyd’s platform and wish him continued success.”
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates in three segments of the property casualty insurance business: insurance-domestic, insurance-international, and reinsurance-global.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV