AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Siobhan MacDermott, the Chief Policy Officer at AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization to 155 million active users, will be speaking on the topic of the rise of 'Cybermilitia' at the annual International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) in Seattle on October 2, 2103.
The presentation, entitled "From Citizen to Cybermilitia in 60 Minutes: Connecting the Cybersecurity Dots", proposes a cybersecurity framework anchored in collective security and privacy with every day citizens connected in the fight against cyber-crime and cyber-war. The IAPP Academy features diverse programming around operational privacy and emerging developments for privacy professionals globally.
"Not many years ago, the phrase ' We are all connected' was a spiritual, theological, or metaphysical declaration. Today, it is a simple statement of fact. We are all connected—literally, by wires, optic fibers, and radio signals. It is also literally true that, against the networks and the nodes of these connections, there are attacks—daily, hourly, and by the hundreds of thousands," said Ms. MacDermott.Later in the week, Ms. MacDermott will also chair a Cybersecurity Panel at the Fletcher School's ( Tufts University) 80th Anniversary Event in Washington DC. The panel will discuss the balance between individual privacy and national security. Recent disclosures such as the use of PRISM have brought these discussions to the forefront of people's minds. Panelists will include representatives from cybersecurity bodies, military background and NGOs who will share their viewpoints on the convergence of security, privacy and mobility and the balance of national protection versus individual privacy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV