Innovative design requires many different tools - some traditional and others more modern. Autodesk, a leader in providing 3D design software for use in the architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media and entertainment industries with offices in Lake Oswego, Ore., has partnered with Portland-based design and manufacturing facility ADX to create a new space called The Bridge. This new space, housed at ADX, will bring together digital and analog fabrication and will be unveiled as a part of Design Week Portland on October 11, 2013.
The newest addition to the ADX shop, The Bridge is a place where minds meet to design, prototype, and produce together with all of the necessary tools readily accessible. The space will host four industry grade computers running the latest 2D, 3D, and Cloud-based design software for Digital Prototyping, as well as two Makerbot 3D printers to allow for early prototype visualization. Also making their debut at The Bridge opening are four Leap Motion controllers. These controllers are attached to each computer and will allow users to design in 3D with nothing but hand gestures.
“The Bridge will be home to some of the most accessible software, 3D printing and laser cutting services in Portland, which is in addition to the already solidified wood and metal craft taking place throughout ADX,” said Mike Geyer, senior manager of the Manufacturing 2020 group at Autodesk. “Autodesk is excited to extend our reach into the Portland community by partnering with ADX to provide Digital Prototyping tools to the shop’s inventive and tight-knit community.”
“The Bridge is a place where the tech world can start interacting more intentionally with the world of fabrication and manufacturing,” says ADX Director, Kelley Roy. “We are thrilled to welcome Autodesk and The Bridge to our space and can’t wait to see what the community will do with the new technology available to them.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV