Avid® ( NASDAQ: AVID) today announced a key new option card for Avid live systems, further building on the most tightly integrated live sound platform in the industry. Designed to help live sound professionals meet the most demanding and complex workflow challenges, Dugan-VN16 offers a modular, integrated solution that improves audio quality and simplifies mixing for multi-mic applications.
“Avid’s industry-leading live sound solutions are built on the most open and tightly integrated platform,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of products and services at Avid. “The Dugan-VN16 option card expands Avid live systems to include patented automixing technology, representing a reliable, easy-to-configure solution that allows live sound professionals to deliver higher-quality mixes, faster than ever.”
Developed and manufactured by Dan Dugan Sound Design, the Dugan-VN16 option card provides Avid live system users with industry-leading dialog automixing functionality in a convenient and integrated solution. Dugan-VN16 simplifies mixing and improves audio quality in situations where multiple speech microphones are used, including broadcast events, conferences, house of worship services, theater performances, and more.
The Dugan-VN16 option card greatly improves operational efficiency by automatically adjusting microphone levels faster than what would be possible using manual workflows. Unlike a noise gate, which can introduce distracting sonic artifacts, Dugan-VN16 utilizes real-time voice activation to automatically lower the volume of unused live speech microphones and raise volume when presenters begin speaking. Sound engineers can greatly reduce feedback, comb filtering, and background noise without having to manually adjust levels.“We're proud to partner with Avid, an industry leader in live sound,” stated Dan Dugan, CEO of Dan Dugan Sound Design. “By integrating our patented automixing technology into Avid live systems, we're allowing owners to deliver higher-quality mixes and expand their businesses to include an even broader range of live events.” Dugan-VN16 allows Avid live sound owners to meet the unique requirements of high-profile multi-mic speech applications.
- Integrates Dan Dugan’s patented automixing technology directly into SC48, FOH Rack-, or Mix Rack-based systems
- Reliably manages and mixes up to 16 open microphones, with excellent sound quality
- Provides more system I/O flexibility with 16 channels of ADAT optical I/O
- Offers three operating modes to fit different application needs
- Provides configuration and mixing via the Dugan Control Panel software (included) or the Dugan Control Panel for iPad (sold separately)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV