Sprint (NYSE:S) is challenging developers to turn their app ideas into reality at the Sprint Hackathon during CTIA’s MobileCon in San Jose, Calif. The Hackathon will be held Thursday and Friday, Oct. 17-18, and all developers who register will receive free registration to MobileCon, including all the keynotes, panel discussions, thought leadership stages, trade show and networking.
The Sprint Hackathon will feature several categories with cash prizes. The categories for the competition include:
- Best in Show – The top overall app will win great prizes.
- Best Use of Mobile Advertising – Using the Pinsight Media+ platform to optimize advertising performance.
- Best RCS Messaging App – Using Jibe’s RCS Messaging API to create apps to deliver real-time interactive content anywhere in the world.
- Best NFC App – Enable your Android app to successfully make proximity transactions with secure card credentials using the Sequent SDK.
- Best Browser Extension App – The Sprint Lumen toolbar is a mobile extensions platform that ships on all Sprint Android devices. Port an existing app or dream up an all-new mobile extension for Sprint's Lumen toolbar.
- Samsung Categories – Compete to create unique user experiences using Samsung S Pen™ SDK. Demonstrate how to enhance your app to the next level integrating with many S Pen features.
- Best PhoneGap by Adobe App – PhoneGap is a free and open source framework that allows you to create mobile apps using standardized web APIs for the platforms you care about.
“Sprint is excited to host a hackathon event at MobileCon and engage with the developers as they potentially create the next big app,” said Kevin McGinnis, vice president-Product Platforms and Services, Sprint. “During the Hackathon, developers will have the opportunity to meet and receive support from the Sprint developer team and to create apps that can impact how consumers communicate, make purchasing decisions or are entertained.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV