Chris Lau, Kapitall: BlackBerry may not be a publicly traded company for long. Here's what to consider while shares might ripen.
BlackBerry ( BBRY ) is supposed to be privatized in a $4.7 billion deal. Yet the market is evaluating the risk associated with financing Fairfax Financial’s purchase, and some analysts are looking to the downside.
[Read more from Kapitall on BlackBerry: BlackBerry Goes Private: 3 Other Tech Stocks to Consider]
This may explain why the stock has been trading around $8 instead of the $9 offer price:Click on the interactive chart below to see data over time. But the company, and investors, have some bright spots to look forward to between now and the tentative closing date of the sale in November. The first is the release of the Z30 smartphone, which will include:
- Power from a Qualcomm (QCOM) Snapdragon S4 Pro processor.
- Run time supported by a 2,880mAh battery.
- Graphics on a 5-inch Super AMOLED display.
- And 16GB of storage space.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV