LONDON, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GW Pharmaceuticals plc (AIM: GWP, Nasdaq: GWPH, "GW") announced that data from new MS spasticity studies (clinical trial data, observational study data and registries data collection) is being presented today at the 29 th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in Copenhagen, Denmark. The following press release was issued today by GW's commercial partner, Almirall S.A., regarding the data presentation:
Copenhagen, Denmark, 2nd October 2013: Almirall S.A. (ALM) today announces the latest evidence with Sativex® (THC:CBD spray) from new MS spasticity studies (clinical trial data, observational study data and registries data collection). These data, presented today at the 29 th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in Copenhagen, Denmark, show that Sativex® effectiveness is maintained long term with no additional safety concerns identified in clinical practice.
Two-thirds of the more than 2,000 patients with MS surveyed in the recent Spanish "6E" study reported a certain degree of spasticity, being moderate or severe in 40% of them. i
"Sativex® can improve the spasticity symptoms impairment of MS patients without affecting such issues as driving ability, cognition or mood," says Dr. Tiina Rekand, of the Haukeland University Hospital Bergen, Norway.Most patients with MS experience a degree of spasticity which is associated with increasing disability and therefore rising healthcare costs. Spasticity has a negative impact on those patients' quality of life as it reduces their capacity to carry out everyday activities, as well as having an impact on the already impaired general mobility, bladder function, fatigue and quality of sleep.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV