BEVERLY, Mass., Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Axcelis Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACLS), a leading supplier of enabling ion implantation solutions for the semiconductor industry, announced today that it has received an order for the Company's innovative, new Purion MTM medium current implanter. The new system is installed at one of the world's leading chip manufacturers in Asia, where it is being used in high volume manufacturing of advanced, next generation devices.
Bill Bintz, executive vice president of product development, engineering and marketing commented, "This order marks the closure of a very successful evaluation with a very important customer and sets the stage for significant follow on business. The Purion M exceeded our customer's expectations in multiple critical performance categories - delivering enabling process capabilities, greatly reducing the customer's operating costs and advancing sustainable manufacturing goals."
The Purion M is designed to support the industry's move to the sub 10nm era, enabling semiconductor manufacturers to deliver faster devices for next generation mobile computing power. The system transcends the current generation of medium current implanters, offering a wide array of technological innovations in high volume production of the world's most advanced devices:
- Unmatched Contamination Control - As devices continue to scale, sensitivity to contamination is of paramount concern. The Purion M's innovative beamline demonstrates an impressive reduction of particulate contamination in comparison to the competition, as well as the industry's lowest levels for metal contamination, enabling the highest production yields.
- Reduced Energy Consumption - the Purion M's system architecture advances our customers' efforts towards more sustainable manufacturing practices, through a combination of energy efficiency and high productivity. The system's single magnet beamline design, coupled with the industry's highest levels of productivity, achieves a reduction in total energy consumption by >50% per wafer in comparison to the competition.
- Maximized Productivity – The Purion M utilizes Axcelis' precision spot beamline technology coupled with a 500 WPH single wafer platform. This combination provides exceptional reliability, and remarkable precision and productivity for the widest range (2keV - 1MeV) of low energy and mid dose applications, especially well, channel and HALO processes. During this recent evaluation, the system provided the customer with a remarkable improvement in total productivity in comparison to the competition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV