DALLAS, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a family of four digital-input, closed-loop I2S amplifiers for mid-power stereo audio applications including TVs, soundbars, portable docking stations, Bluetooth® speakers, and aftermarket automotive audio products. The TAS5760xx devices feature high switching frequency, allowing designers to use smaller output filter components to reduce overall solution size and bill of materials (BOM) cost. They stream 20-W continuous power per channel without a heatsink, and deliver the industry's best performance specifications, including THD+N of 0.03 percent at 1 W, crosstalk of -92 dB, and 66-uV idle channel noise. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tas5760md-pr.
The TAS5760xx are available in four pin-compatible, 48-pin versions: the TAS5760MD and TAS5760LD with headphone amplifiers/line drivers, and the TAS5760M and TAS5760L non-headphone versions. For customers that need a smaller footprint, the TAS5760M and TAS5760L are also offered in 9-mm by 6-mm, 32-pin packages.
Key features and benefits of the TAS5760xx:
- Highest mid-power performance: Industry's best THD+N, crosstalk and idle noise, along with a closed-loop architecture that provides excellent power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) of 80 dB, allows amplifiers to maintain constant power even when the battery output fluctuates. Also enables use of lower cost power supply designs in systems with changing power supply levels, such as portable docking stations and Bluetooth speakers.
- Best thermal performance: Industry's lowest RDS(on) of 120 mOhm delivers superior thermal performance for today's consumer audio products that operate at high ambient temperatures.
- Reduced BOM cost and solution size: High switching frequency of up to 1.2 MHz reduces electromagnetic interference (EMI) and allows the use of smaller output filters to lower BOM costs and reduce overall solution size.
- Widest supply range: Supports a wide voltage range from 4.5 V to 26.4 V, allowing both battery and AC line operation to satisfy the majority of mid-power applications.
- Design flexibility: Flexible configuration options via software (I2C) and hardware (GPIO pins) control modes support multi-channel system designs. Amplifiers can be combined with the PCM1808 stereo analog-to-digital converter (ADC), featuring 99-dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), to create a high-performance audio signal chain.
- TAS5760MD with integrated headphone, and maximum supply of 26.4 V: US$3.09.
- TAS5760M with no headphone, and maximum supply of 26.4 V: US$2.79.
- TAS5760LD with integrated headphone, and maximum supply of 16.5 V: US$2.89.
- TAS5760L with no headphone, and maximum supply of 16.5 V: US$2.59.
- Order TAS5760MD samples, download the data sheet.
- Order TAS5760M samples, download the data sheet.
- Order TAS5760LD samples, download the data sheet.
- Order TAS5760L samples, download the data sheet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV