Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLK), the leading software platform for real-time operational intelligence, today announced a new Splunk Apps website with more than 400 apps and add-ons to help Splunk customers and partners add even more value to their investment in Splunk software. Splunk developers, partners and customers have added more than 100 new apps this year.
“Apps play a huge role in making Splunk Enterprise the standard for monitoring, analyzing and visualizing machine data because they make it even easier to gain insights from unique or specialized data,” said Markus Zirn, vice president of product and solutions management, Splunk. “In addition to the apps that Splunk development teams build and support such as the Splunk App for Enterprise Security and the Splunk App for VMware, hundreds of developers, partners and customers also create apps for Splunk software. Each new app enhances Splunk Enterprise in a different way, ensuring that Splunk customers gain more value as they correlate and analyze more data across the enterprise.”
“The Splunk Apps website is the ideal vehicle for providing Splunk users with visibility to our Anomaly Detective app which uses advanced analytics to detect performance and security issues in vast amounts of streaming data,” said Mark Jaffe, Chief Executive Officer, Prelert. “It is a significant contribution to our lead flow and helps to drive our business forward.”
One of the most popular new additions to Splunk Apps in the past few months is the SNMP Modular Input beta, which has been downloaded more than 1,200 times since May by organizations that want to gather metrics and trigger alerts from specialized machine data sources.New apps and add-ons built and recently delivered by Splunk include:
- New version of the Splunk App for VMware: proactively monitors, provides comprehensive operational analytics and correlates VMware data with all other technology tiers beyond virtualization, including applications, operating systems and hardware infrastructure such as servers, storage and network devices.
- New version of the REST API Modular Input: allows developers to extend the Splunk platform by programmatically gathering and managing external data sources via REST calls for correlation and data enrichment.
- New version of the Splunk App for SQL Server (beta): provides operational and security dashboards for real-time insight into Microsoft SQL Server deployments.
- Datasift Social Data Streams Modular Input: Provides insight from social data streams, allowing organizations to correlate and analyze social media data together with operational enterprise data.
- Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk Enterprise: Enables business users to utilize Pentaho to rapidly visualize and gain additional insights from Splunk Enterprise.
- Technology Add-on for pfSense Firewalls: Provides CIM-compliant field extractions, event types and tags to make it easier to collect data from pfSense firewalls as part of utilizing Splunk Enterprise as a security intelligence platform.