PLANO, Texas, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This Halloween, Chester Cheetah, the official Cheetos brand spokes-cheetah, is putting his paw down to show that cheesy Halloween fun never grows old. In fact, 65 percent of American adults¹ are looking forward to enjoying a Halloween treat this year, with 1 in 3 adults¹ planning to dress up in a costume. These and other tasty tidbits were uncovered by the Cheetos brand, one of the billion-dollar brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division, to celebrate the limited-edition glow-in-the-dark thematic Halloween packaging now available on 30-count, multipacks featuring treat-size Cheetos Crunchy snack bags. As families prepare for Halloween fun, other survey results revealed:
- Parents Get Into the Halloween Spirit: According to the survey ¹, parents are more likely than non-parents to spook their friends, play a trick and host a haunted house.
- Home is the Halloween Hot Spot: With 41 percent of adults ¹ planning to watch a scary movie and almost one-third of all adults planning to host their own parties, Halloween is a great reason for a fun night in. Every good movie night and family party calls for Cheetos snacks – the orange cheetle dust goes great with the spooky decorations.
- Men Enjoy Tricks Over Treats: Men are even more excited to celebrate, with 1 in 3 men ¹ planning to spook their friends and/or play a trick on someone this year – Chester Cheetah would be proud of their mischievous natures.
"The Cheetos brand brings out the fun and mischievous side in all of us, and so does Halloween," said Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing for Frito-Lay. "We couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than to learn more about how our fans are celebrating this year while introducing our new glow-in-the-dark packaging, perfect for the holiday."
The limited-edition 30-count multipacks featuring treat-size Cheetos Crunchy snack bags with glow-in-the-dark packaging are now available nationwide for the suggested retail price of $5.00 each. After fans finish their Cheetos snacks, the treat-size glow-in-the-dark individual snack bag packaging can be used as extra "cheesy" Halloween decorations while the larger multipack bag doubles as a treat sack. Place the treat-size glow-in-the-dark Cheetos snacks bags under a bright light for a few seconds to maximize the glowing effect.
Don't forget to follow Chester on Twitter at @ChesterCheetah to keep up with all of his Dangerously Cheesy antics this Halloween.About CHEETOSCHEETOS is one of the billion-dollar brands that makes up Frito-Lay North America, the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. Learn more about CHEETOS by visiting www.facebook.com/Cheetos. About PepsiCoPepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com. Follow PepsiCo: Frito-Lay North America
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV