Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACOR) will present new research at the 29 th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) on AMPYRA ® (dalfampridine) Extended Release Tablets, 10 mg, an FDA-approved therapy indicated to improve walking in people with multiple sclerosis.
“Since its approval in the U.S. three years ago, more than 150,000 people worldwide have tried AMPYRA or FAMPYRA (the ex-U.S. brand name). This therapy is the only treatment approved to improve walking in MS, and has become a key therapeutic option for people with walking impairment due to multiple sclerosis,” said Enrique Carrazana, M.D., Acorda Therapeutics’ Chief Medical Officer. “The new data that are being presented at ECTRIMS add to our understanding of this important medication.”
Data being presented at ECTRIMS include:
- Effect of dalfampridine on gait and balance in patients with multiple sclerosis using the NeuroCom Smart Balance Master and correlation with other mobility-related measures – P 245 being presented Thursday, October 3 rd, 3:45 – 5:00pm
- Does dalfampridine increase the risk of urinary tract infections in patients with multiple sclerosis? – P 717 being presented Friday, October 4 th, 3:30 – 5:00pm
More detailed information on scientific sessions and data presentations at the meeting can be found on the conference website: http://www.ectrims-congress.eu/2013.Important Safety Information Do not take AMPYRA if you have ever had a seizure, or have certain types of kidney problems, or are allergic to dalfampridine (4-aminopyridine), the active ingredient in AMPYRA. Take AMPYRA exactly as prescribed by your doctor. You could have a seizure even if you never had a seizure before. Your chance of having a seizure is higher if you take too much AMPYRA or if your kidneys have a mild decrease of function, which is common after age 50.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts