8. -- Tesla Motors (TSLA) shares fell more than 6% on Wednesday after the stock was downgraded and after an Internet video showed flames spewing from Tesla's Model S, which Tesla has touted as the safest car in America.
The fire that destroyed the car near Seattle began in the vehicle's battery pack, Tesla officials said.
Company spokeswoman Liz Jarvis-Shean said the fire Tuesday was caused by a large metallic object hitting one of the battery pack's modules in the Model S. The fire was contained to a small section at the front of the vehicle, she said, and no one was injured.Separately, the automaker was downgraded to neutral by Robert Baird, which set a price target of $187. Tesla shares finished Wednesday at $180.95.
9. -- Wine company Constellation Brands (STZ) is expected by Wall Street on Thursday to post fiscal second-quarter earnings of 88 cents a share on revenue of $1.53 billion.
10. -- The Tampa Bay Rays beat the Cleveland Indians 4-0 Wednesday night in the AL wild-card game. The Rays will face AL East champion Red Sox in a best-of-five division series that starts Friday.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV