8. -- Tesla Motors (TSLA - Get Report) shares fell more than 6% on Wednesday after the stock was downgraded and after an Internet video showed flames spewing from Tesla's Model S, which Tesla has touted as the safest car in America.
The fire that destroyed the car near Seattle began in the vehicle's battery pack, Tesla officials said.
Company spokeswoman Liz Jarvis-Shean said the fire Tuesday was caused by a large metallic object hitting one of the battery pack's modules in the Model S. The fire was contained to a small section at the front of the vehicle, she said, and no one was injured.Separately, the automaker was downgraded to neutral by Robert Baird, which set a price target of $187. Tesla shares finished Wednesday at $180.95.
9. -- Wine company Constellation Brands (STZ - Get Report) is expected by Wall Street on Thursday to post fiscal second-quarter earnings of 88 cents a share on revenue of $1.53 billion.
10. -- The Tampa Bay Rays beat the Cleveland Indians 4-0 Wednesday night in the AL wild-card game. The Rays will face AL East champion Red Sox in a best-of-five division series that starts Friday.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts