AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Whole Foods Market ® (NASDAQ: WFM) is introducing Whole Paws, an exclusive line of premium value pet food, that features 24 products for dogs and cats. The line includes an assortment of items, ranging from grain-free adult dog food and training treats to indoor cat formula and litter with baking soda.
"Premium pet food is the fastest growing segment in the pet food category," said Mitch Madoff, global exclusive brands coordinator at Whole Foods Market. "We know how much our customers care about what they feed their pets, so we're glad to offer a new line of products with premium ingredients at a value price."
According to Mintel market research, about 79 percent of pet owners consider the quality of pet food to be as important as the quality of human food.Made with chicken, salmon and other wholesome, nutrient-rich ingredients, Whole Paws contains no corn or soy, no animal by-products, no artificial colors, no artificial preservatives, and no added sugar— and the new line meets Whole Foods Market's strict quality standards. Whole Foods Market will also host an "It's in the Bag" pet photo contest through its Facebook page ( facebook.com/wholefoods) from Oct. 1 to 11. Fans are invited to post fun photos of their cats and dogs playing in any Whole Foods Market reusable bag. The grand prize winner will be announced Oct. 25. The winner will receive a gift basket of pet products and a $50 Whole Foods Market gift card. Facebook users will also be given an opportunity to vote, with four fan favorites each winning a $25 gift card. Contact: Emily Wright, Whole Foods Market(512) 542-3725, firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Whole Foods Market
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV