Best large sedan
2006-11 Toyota Avalon
This is what the pseudo-luxury cars of old looked like -- big, brawny and built with an almost all-plastic interior. That said, the Avalon had two key elements its core, mature demographic desired: Space and silence.
The Kentucky-made Avalon was eventually upgraded to a discounted version of the Lexus ES about a year ago, but the original had its loyalists. Though it averaged a pokey 24 miles per gallon, the cavernous, quiet Avalon was just the right car for picking the kids up at school or dropping them off at college and hitting the city afterward. It was loaded with safety features, but just elegant enough for the discriminating adult.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV