NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Why are mediocre stocks so popular when there are so many great ones out there ready to be discovered?
That is the one question I keep posing to myself day after day after looking at so many portfolios full of stocks like Cisco (CSCO), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Lowe's (LOW), Intel (INTC), Microsoft (MSFT) and on and on.
They might be good companies: I shop at Lowe's. But if you are looking for growth or income or even just staying even with the market, they just are not going to do it for you anymore.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV