Rent-A-Center yesterday donated $20,000 to Food Lifeline. The donation comes on the heels of a recent donation of 10 freezers earmarked for food pantries and meal programs supported by Food Lifeline.
Food Lifeline is one of eleven food banks across the nation sharing in $250,000 worth of Rent-A-Center funding for hunger relief this year.
The donation is in addition to the grassroots hunger-relief campaign being staged across Rent-A-Center’s 3000-plus U.S. stores throughout September. Dubbed "Soup to Nuts" and in support of Hunger Action Month, this virtual food drive leverages Rent-A-Center stores as collection points for cash donations. The donated funds will be distributed to food banks across the country at the conclusion of the month-long campaign.
“We are pleased to partner with Rent-A-Center in the fight against hunger,” said Tiffani Kaech, Director of Agency Relations for Food Lifeline. “Finding ways to store frozen food can be a struggle for our agencies. These 10 freezers will allow them to get more wholesome food to people in need.”Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ: RCII), headquartered in Plano, Texas, operates more than 3,000 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico. The Company employs over 21,000 coworkers. Learn more at www.rentacenter.com. About Food Lifeline Food Lifeline feeds hungry people. They stock the shelves and fill the tables of 275 food banks, meal programs and shelters throughout Western Washington. The 36 million pounds of nutritious food secured from restaurants, grocery stores, farmers and manufacturers feeds 744,000 of hungry neighbors every year. Find out how you can be a part of ending hunger in Western Washington at www.FoodLifeline.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV