In a series of articles -- including this one -- where I impatiently jumped the gun on criticism that Pandora moves too slowly, I explain why Ticketfly is such a strong company.
Ticketfly continues to evolve platforms that use data to serve artists and venues in much the same way the Music Genome Project and Pandora's extensive listening data serves artists and advertisers. To marry the two and solve problems ranging from ticketing to the local music injustice that is pay-to-play truly is a no-brainer.
Unless he's playing his cards close to his vest, I'm not sure Pandora co-founder Tim Westergren necessarily agrees wholeheartedly with my assessment just yet. There's little doubt in my mind, however, after my meeting with him, that Ticketfly's Dreskin feels this way.And it's not that he's a co-founder looking for a lucrative exit. He has been there and done that before. This guy wants Ticketfly to reach its fullest potential. It's a win-win, because we're not talking a one-way street here. Ticketfly can help Pandora as much as Pandora can help Ticketfly. In fact, I would go so far to argue that without Ticketfly -- or an equally-as-powerful solution -- set square on the ticketing space, Pandora might be leaving a considerable bit of its potential on the table. From what I understand, people with more power and influence than I have (I have something slightly less than none) are in the process of getting Ticketfly and Pandora together to talk. It's early stage stuff -- not even focused on anything specific -- but, in this world things move fast even for those who are impatient. Follow @rocco_thestreet -- Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV