Governor Scott Proclaims Thursday, October 3, 2013 "Statewide Concrete Masonry Day In Florida"
Several masonry industry events planned throughout the state of Florida
BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Thursday, October 3, 2013, is going to be a great day for masonry in Florida. The Florida masonry industry is being recognized by proclamation by Governor Rick Scott for its contribution to Florida's economy and masonry's attributes to the Florida building industry.
"This proclamation is a tribute to the hardworking men and women in the masonry industry who build Florida. Masonry is a Florida product and I am proud to be a mason contractor and chairman of the Masonry Association of Florida." ~ Danielle Larson, GBL Group, Inc., NaplesIn his proclamation, Governor Scott recognizes that concrete masonry is a 100 percent Florida product, mined, manufactured and installed by Floridians. Sixty percent of all homes and 35 percent of all commercial buildings in Florida are built with concrete block and that concrete block construction builds the safest, most cost-efficient and long-lasting structures to withstand Florida's frequently harsh and storm-prone environment. To read the complete text of this important proclamation, visit our website: www.floridamasonry.com/2013masonryday.pdf To celebrate this proclamation, several masonry industry events are planned across the state:
- Spec Mix Bricklayer 500: Being held at the A1 Block plant in Sanford, Florida, the Spec Mix Bricklayer 500 answers the question "Who is Florida's best bricklayer?" This event brings together the best of Florida's mason contractors, masonry suppliers and masonry producers.
- Masonry Association of Florida Educational Event: "Addressing the Needs of the Florida Masonry Industry and Planting the Seeds for a Secure Future" The Masonry Association of Florida (MAF) is also holding an educational event at the Bricklayer 500. Highlights of the event will include: Addressing the Florida Masonry Labor Shortage, Masonry Apprentice Training, Contractor Continuing Education, Masonry Market Information and the Certified Mason Contractor Program.
- Mason Contractor's Association of America (MCAA) Mid-Year Meeting: The MCAA is holding their mid-year meeting in Orlando, bringing mason contractors and suppliers from across the country to Florida. MCAA members will be in attendance at the Bricklayer 500. The executives at the National Concrete Masonry Association (NCMA) will also be on hand to lend their support to both of these important industry events.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV