CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Oct. 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:IDIX), a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of drugs for the treatment of human viral diseases, today announced a poster presentation featuring preclinical data for its uridine nucleotide prodrug candidate for the treatment of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection at the 64th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD), which will take place in Washington, DC, November 1-5, 2013. Full abstracts can now be viewed at the AASLD website at www.aasld.org .
The following abstract will be presented in a poster session during the AASLD Annual Meeting in the Poster Hall on Saturday, November 2, 2013, 2:00pm – 7:30pm Eastern Time:
- Abstract No. 485: "A Novel Uridine Nucleotide Prodrug, IDX20963, and Its Potential for Use in a Low-Dose Direct-Acting Antiviral Regimen for HCV."
ABOUT HEPATITIS CHepatitis C virus is a common blood-borne pathogen infecting three to four million people worldwide annually. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that more than 170 million people worldwide are chronically infected with HCV, representing a nearly 5-fold greater prevalence than human immunodeficiency virus. ABOUT IDENIX Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc., headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is a biopharmaceutical Company engaged in the discovery and development of drugs for the treatment of human viral diseases. Idenix's current focus is on the treatment of patients with hepatitis C infection. For further information about Idenix, please refer to www.idenix.com .
CONTACT: Idenix Pharmaceuticals Contact: Teri Dahlman, (617) 995-9807
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV