GE Lighting's Chief Innovation Manager, Tom Boyle, Discusses How GE Is Working To Provide The Modern Consumer With LED Lighting Solutions That Are Affordable And Intuitive. (Photo: General Electric)
GE Lighting has worked with major retailers to introduce new LED product lines, providing a variety of high-quality, practical LED lighting solutions at an affordable price point to boost mainstream adoption. Over the next four months, GE plans to introduce six new LED light bulbs.
GE Lighting's Chief Innovation Manager, Tom Boyle, discusses how GE is working to provide the modern consumer with LED lighting solutions that are affordable and intuitive. (Photo: General Electric)
GE Lighting has developed LED products with the consumers’ needs and mass market availability as the primary drivers for innovation. These latest LED lighting solutions include:
- Two low-cost, 40- and 60-watt replacement LED bulbs with dimming capabilities, providing the same warm, soft white light consumers are used to with traditional incandescent light bulbs;
- A wireless dimming LED indoor floodlight, offering more consumers with accessibility to dimming capabilities for sockets that are not connected to dimmer switches, great for those who do not want to rewire a space;
- And three GE reveal® LED bulbs, available in 40- and 60-watt replacement and floodlight bulbs, combining two of its most innovative lighting technologies—GE’s reveal ® and LED—into one bulb; these bulbs deliver the energy savings of an LED while providing the clean, beautiful light synonymous with the GE reveal ® brand, specially engineered to highlight the vivid colors and patterns in a home.
“We have a rich history of offering consumers plenty of lighting options that meet a variety of needs, and that’s true today with our energy-efficient LED lighting,” says John Strainic, General Manager, Consumer Lighting for GE in North America. “GE was behind the invention of the first visible-spectrum LED more than fifty years ago, and we’re continuing to advance our LED technology to provide consumers with practical solutions that are accessible, flexible and intuitive.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts