Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the availability of Radar Principles and Systems courseware from DreamCatcher, for educators at universities and technical training centers. The courseware provides students instant access to high-quality professional instruction and hands-on experience for the latest radar systems and operating principles.
The ME1500 courseware combines Agilent test equipment and SystemVue advanced simulation software with DreamCatcher’s radar theory and RF demonstration hardware. Together these solutions enable immersive, high-impact student engagement with radar systems.
The ME1500 courseware serves as a ready-to-teach package on radar systems and analysis, including continuous wave, Doppler, frequency-modulated continuous wave, pulsed and imaging radar. It consists of teaching slides, training kits, lab sheets and problem-based assignments. In addition to its 45 hours of teaching material and 24 hours of labs, the courseware provides students access to SystemVue radar system simulation and radar signal analysis through the Agilent EEsof EDA University Educational Support Program.
“The use of SystemVue allows students to easily explore algorithmic and architectural reference designs and verify radar performance under various signal conditions,” said professor V.C. Koo, technical reviewer and radar specialist from Multimedia University in Malaysia. “Combining DreamCatcher courseware with student access to Agilent electronic design automation software results in a powerful teaching tool for multiple engineering disciplines.”“Agilent’s teaching solutions with DreamCatcher provide ready-to-use courseware that benefits both faculty and students,” said Sadaf Siddiqui, education program manager for Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group. “Agilent’s new radar teaching solution is yet another addition to our RF and microwave lab solutions, which cover the fundamentals of radar design, signal processing and analysis. Using it, students are now able to work on industry-standard software and hardware test tools.” Other key features of the Radar Principles and Systems coursework include:
- A hardware kit that allows students to gain knowledge of various working principles and techniques used in today’s radar systems.
- The ability to test and analyze radar signals from common sources such as Doppler systems.
- Labs that enable students to perform various types of radar-signal measurements and provide access to SystemVue software.
- Examples of radar system design that allow students to further develop and test various types of modern radar systems.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts