NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- At the beginning of each week I provide my buy-and-trade strategies, profiling what I believe are key companies that report quarterly results during that week.
Sometimes I do this in one post, and sometimes I have to split it into two posts. Then at the beginning of the following week I post a scorecard of how these stocks performed going into their earnings reports and reacted following the reports.
On Sept. 23, I profiled six stocks in "KB Home, Lennar, AutoZone, CarMax Headline Earnings Preview." Five beat expectations, and one missed. Then on Sept. 24, I profiled another six stocks in "Nike Set to Report Earnings." Three beat, one matched, and the other two rescheduled results to a later date.
We enter the fourth quarter with 76.8% of all stocks overvalued and 43.4% overvalued by 20% or more. Fifteen of 16 sectors are overvalued, 13 by double-digit percentages and 10 overvalued by more than 20%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV