With an offer of $50 billion and memories of a failed buyout from Microsoft (MSFT) not too long ago, Yahoo! investors might not be nearly as quick to turn away.
Yahoo! owns a significant stake in Alibaba, giving Yahoo! a major presence in China. China is increasingly turning into the most valuable market. At the same time, Google is now in the hardware business creating a collision course for both companies. Buying Yahoo! allows Apple further growth opportunity while bringing the fight to Google.
That's just one of countless options available to Apple for continued growth beyond the smartphone market. Another is expanding iPad sales. Just around the corner we should see the latest upgrades to the familiar tablets.If Apple executes well through the critical holiday shopping season -- and there is little reason to believe they won't -- exceeding the $600 a share threshold within the next year is reasonable. It's hard to imagine why it won't. At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV