Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (NASDAQ: ENTA) a research and development-focused biotechnology company dedicated to creating small molecule drugs in the infectious disease field, today announced that six abstracts reporting results of regimens containing ABT-450, Enanta’s lead protease inhibitor for hepatitis C virus (HCV), have been accepted for presentation at The Liver Meeting, the 64 th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) taking place November 1-5, 2013 in Washington, D.C. Abstracts can now be viewed at the AASLD website at www.aasld.org.
There will be an oral presentation at AASLD highlighting data from study M13-393 (PEARL-I). PEARL-I is an interferon-free and ribavirin-free 320-patient study being conducted by Abbvie to evaluate the once-daily, two-DAA regimen consisting of ABT-450/r + ABT-267 in GT-1b and GT-4 HCV patients. SVR4 rates were 100% (39/39) in GT-1b treatment-naïve patients and 87.9% (29/33) among prior null responders (observed data). SVR12 rates will be presented during an oral presentation of this data on November 3.
Abstracts reporting regimens containing ABT-450 are listed below:
- #75 - Interferon and Ribavirin-Free Regimen of ABT-450/r + ABT-267 in HCV Genotype 1b-infected Treatment-naïve Patients and Prior Null RespondersLawitz, et al., November 3, 2013, 5:15 PM ET
- #1089 - Low Relapse Rate Leads to High Concordance of SVR4 and SVR12 with SVR24 After Treatment with ABT-450/r, ABT-267, ABT-333 + Ribavirin in Patients with Chronic HCV Genotype 1 Infection in the AVIATOR StudyPoordad, et al., November 3, 2013, 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM ET
- #1096 - High Medication Adherence in HCV-Infected Patients taking a Triple-DAA Regimen for 12 WeeksBourliere, et al., November 3, 2013, 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM ET
- #1125 - HCV RNA “Target Detected” after “Target Not Detected” During IFN-Free Treatment: Time to Worry or Not?M King, et al., November 3, 2013, 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM ET
- #1118 - Safety of Ribavirin-containing Regimens of ABT-450/r, ABT-333, and ABT-267 for the Treatment of HCV Genotype 1 Infection and Efficacy in Subjects with Ribavirin Dose ReductionsCohen, et al., November 3, 2013, 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM ET
- #1113 - Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQoL), Health State, Function and Wellbeing of Chronic HCV Patients Treated with Interferon-Free, Oral DAA Regimens: Patient Reported Outcome (PRO) Results from the AVIATOR StudyBaran , et al., November 3, 2013, 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM ET