Merck (NYSE:MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today announced the presentation of data from studies evaluating the company’s investigational oral chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) treatments MK-5172 and MK-8742 at the 64 th American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases Annual Meeting (AASLD). The meeting is scheduled to take place in Washington, D.C., Nov. 1-5, 2013.
“Merck is committed to developing HCV therapies that have the potential to offer new options for a broad range of patient types,” said Dr. Eliav Barr, vice president, Infectious Diseases, Merck Research Laboratories. “We continue to build upon our strong legacy in HCV and look forward to sharing the latest clinical data for our investigational HCV therapies, MK-5172 and MK-8742.”
MK-5172 is an investigational, once-daily, oral HCV NS3/4A protease inhibitor currently in Phase IIB development. MK-8742 is an investigational, once-daily, oral HCV NS5A replication complex inhibitor currently in Phase IIB development. Both candidates are being evaluated in broad clinical programs that include investigations in various HCV segments, multiple HCV genotypes and patients who have previously failed prior therapy.
Selected presentations of clinical data for MK-5172 and MK-8742
- High Efficacy and Safety of the All-Oral Combination Regimen, MK-5172/MK-8742 +/- RBV for 12 Weeks in HCV Genotype 1 Infected Patients: The C-WORTHY Study. Lawitz, E., et al. Oral Presentation #76: Sunday, Nov. 3, 2013, 5:30-5:45 p.m.
- Kinetic Analyses of Antiviral Suppression by NS5A Inhibitors Reveal Early and Potent Inhibition of Viral Assembly and Release. McGivern, D.R., et al. Oral Presentation #78: Sunday, Nov. 3, 2013, 6:00-6:15 p.m.
- High Efficacy at Lower Doses of MK-5172 25mg and 50mg Daily for 12 weeks in HCV Genotype (G) 1 Treatment-Naïve Non-Cirrhotic Patients. Vierling, J., N et al. Poster #1123. Sunday, Nov. 3, 2013, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Efficacy and Safety of an Interferon-Free Regimen of MK-5172 + Ribavirin for 12 Weeks or 24 Weeks in Treatment-Naïve, Non-Cirrhotic Subjects with HCV GT1 Infection: The C-SPIRIT Study. Gane, E.J., et al., Poster #1110. Sunday, Nov. 3, 2013, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- MK-8742, a HCV NS5A Inhibitor with a Broad Spectrum of HCV Genotypic Activity, Demonstrates Potent Antiviral Activity in Genotype-1 and -3 HCV-Infected Patients. Yeh, W. W., et al. Poster #479. Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013, 2:00-7:30 p.m.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV