Trade-Ideas: Maximus (MMS) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- MMS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.2 million.
- MMS has traded 382,850 shares today.
- MMS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MMS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MMS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MMS: MAXIMUS, Inc. provides business process services to government health and human services agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, and the United Kingdom. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. MMS has a PE ratio of 28.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Maximus a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Maximus has been 498,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Maximus has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 2.9% with 4.05 days to cover. Shares are up 39% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Maximus as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 15.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MMS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MMS has a quick ratio of 1.94, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the IT Services industry. The net income increased by 37.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $20.49 million to $28.10 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 209.77% to $49.64 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MAXIMUS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.69%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 35.59% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 56.44% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Maximus Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts