NORTH CANTON, Ohio, Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- New research from Diebold, Incorporated (NYSE: DBD) reveals that consumers want more from their financial institutions. Study participants said they're looking for even better technologies and they're seeking more personalized, secure and convenient service. Diebold's research is helping financial institutions understand these needs in order to build stronger relationships with consumers and deliver ideal banking experiences.
Diebold, in partnership with Lextant, an ideal experience consultancy, conducted research with more than 100 consumers in eight countries to produce rich, qualitative data about how they want to interact with their financial institutions. Using an iterative methodology, the company built upon successive layers of research, combining in-depth interviews, observational exercises and experiential testing. The results are candid insights that will drive the creation and adoption of banking solutions that meet evolving consumer demands.
"Most banks and credit unions know consumers want more advanced banking technology than what is currently offered," said Frank A. Natoli Jr., Diebold executive vice president and chief innovation officer. "But our research goes deeper to identify specific gaps, with more personalized, secure and convenient relationships topping the list of consumers' expectations."Among Diebold's findings, consumers:
- Said they expect financial institutions to adopt new technology faster, especially when advanced functionalities are so readily available in other industries
- Identified real-time accuracy of account information across banking channels as a significant gap – for example, depositing a check via a mobile device and seeing that balance immediately at an automated teller machine (ATM)
- Expressed frustration with inconsistencies between channel interfaces, especially when increasingly accessing their accounts both online and via mobile devices
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts