AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) (the "Company") announced today that it has been added to the Russell 1000 and Russell 3000 Indexes. The Company was one of seven newly public companies to be added to the Russell 1000 Index on October 1, 2013.
"We are pleased to receive this important recognition for the Company following our recent IPO," said David P. Singelyn, Chief Executive Officer. "We believe that our addition to the well-known and widely-used Russell indexes will broaden our shareholder base and provide increasing visibility and validation of our company's growth."
Membership in the Russell 3000 Index is reconstituted annually and includes the 3,000 largest public companies in the U.S. based on market capitalization. The Russell 1000 Index is comprised of the largest 1,000 companies in the Russell 3000 Index. Additional information about the Russell indexes is available at www.russell.com
About American Homes 4 Rent
American Homes 4 Rent, a member of the Russell 1000 and Russell 3000 Indexes, is an internally managed Maryland real estate investment trust, or REIT, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing, and operating single-family homes as rental properties. As of July 31, 2013, we owned 19,825 single-family properties in selected submarkets in 22 states and we continually evaluate potential target markets that meet our underwriting criteria and are located where we believe we can achieve sufficient scale for internalized property management. We are a leader in the single-family home rental industry and "American Homes 4 Rent" is fast becoming a nationally recognized brand for rental homes known for high quality, good value and tenant satisfaction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV