As customer needs diversify – and the complexity of their solutions increase – identifying the right partners and the right solutions can be the difference between product success or failure.
Recognizing this need, Celanese, a global technology and specialty materials company, is simplifying its brand architecture to capture in a single brand the full suite of Celanese technology, resources, products and solutions. This change moves Celanese toward achieving its vision of becoming the first-choice chemistry solution source for its customers.
“Our vision represents Celanese’s depth and breadth of industry and chemistry knowledge, the capabilities to innovate for our customers, the dedication to creating value, and a commitment to partnerships to help our customers succeed,” said Mark Rohr, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “We believe the phrase that best describes Celanese is ‘ The chemistry inside innovation™’.”
Becoming ‘One Celanese’There are several changes Celanese is making to support this vision and to communicate its value proposition to customers. Beginning today, Celanese is launching a unified brand that represents the company’s multiple businesses and capabilities. Historically, Celanese was represented by separate businesses, including: Acetate Products, Acetyl Intermediates, Advanced Fuel Technologies, Clarifoil, Emulsion Polymers, EVA Performance Polymers, Nutrinova, and Ticona Engineering Polymers. Each of these names will fade and be replaced by Celanese. “Going forward, everyone in Celanese, our world-class products, our process technologies and solutions from historical businesses will now be represented by one Celanese name,” said Rohr. Some of these products, solutions and technologies include:
- cellulose derivatives such as Clarifoil® and CelFX® matrix technology;
- emulsion polymers including EcoVAE®, TruModa® and Vinamul®;
- engineered materials such as Hostaform® / Celcon® POM, GUR® UHMW-PE and Celstran® LFRT;
- EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) polymer products including Ateva® and VitalDose®;
- food ingredients including Sunett® and the Qorus® sweetener system; and
- intermediate chemistry products and technologies such as AOPlus®, VAntagePlus® and TCX® Technology.