Trade-Ideas: Active Network (ACTV) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- ACTV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $76.4 million.
- ACTV traded 1.2 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:47 AM, representing 22.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ACTV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ACTV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ACTV: The Active Network, Inc. provides organization-based cloud computing application services to business customers in North America, Europe, and internationally. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Active Network a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Active Network has been 626,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Active Network has a market cap of $669.2 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 6.3% with 0.51 days to cover. Shares are up 118.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Active Network as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 92.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.33 million to -$4.47 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, ACTIVE NETWORK INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $14.40 million or 27.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The share price of ACTIVE NETWORK INC has not done very well: it is down 8.56% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- ACTIVE NETWORK INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACTIVE NETWORK INC reported poor results of -$0.74 versus -$0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.14 versus -$0.74).
- You can view the full Active Network Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.