David Melcher, chief executive officer and president of Exelis (NYSE: XLS), will deliver the keynote address at the Atlantic Council’s Captains of Industry Speaker Series on Wednesday, Oct. 2. Melcher will offer a perspective from a mid-tier company on the state of the defense industry to an audience of industry experts, policymakers, think tanks and media.
The series aims to be the preeminent platform from which senior executives whose businesses contribute to national security can address the public interests their companies serve and the public policies that shape participation in these markets. Melcher will address the confluence of factors that have brought the defense industry to its current inflection point, including drawdowns from a decade of war, economic instability and a shifting defense landscape.
“Navigating uncertainty using agility and adaptability is the new reality for companies in the defense industry,” said Melcher. “As a mid-tier company that operates as a prime and subcontractor, we bring a distinct perspective on the state of the industry and the importance of focusing on strategic growth platforms that are aligned with customer demands in the current environment.”
Following the talk, Melcher will elaborate on his remarks with Steve Grundman, former U.S. deputy undersecretary of defense for industrial affairs and a current George Lund Fellow at the Atlantic Council. He will also take questions from the audience.
|WHEN:||Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2013|
|10:30–11:45 a.m. EDT|
|WHERE:||The Atlantic Council|
|1030 15 th St. NW|
|12 th Floor (West Tower Elevator)|
|Washington, D.C. 20005|
|WHO:||David Melcher, CEO and President, Exelis Inc.|
|Steve Grundman, M.A. and George Lund Fellow, Atlantic Council (moderator)|
|REGISTER:||Media representatives are welcome to attend. All the proceedings of this event are on-the-record. Please register here.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV