SAN JOSE, Calif.
Oct. 1, 2013
Vocera Communications, Inc.
(NYSE: VCRA) today announced that it has partnered with several additional hospitals and health systems to implement Vocera Care Experience, a complete application suite designed to streamline communication across the continuum of care to improve patient experience and reduce unnecessary readmissions.
Vocera Care Experience includes the following modules all in one convenient application:
- Good to Go® solution to improve patient and family communication during discharge
- Care Calls workflow management to streamline patient follow-up calls
- Care Rounds to hardwire more meaningful and manageable rounding
- Performance Analytics to identify gaps in communication and performance
- PCP Notification to automatically inform primary care physicians of patient status
- SNF Communication to improve care transitions to skilled nursing facilities
Decreasing preventable hospital readmissions is at the vanguard of the Affordable Care Act's effort to eliminate unnecessary care and curb Medicare's growing spending. Starting on
October 1, 2013
, two-thirds of the nation's hospitals could be penalized with fines for high readmissions totaling approximately
by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The Vocera Care Experience Suite plays an integral role in helping hospitals safeguard their bottom line. Organizations using the solution have experienced a 15 percent reduction in readmissions and a 63 percent improvement in HCAHPS scores for questions related to communication at discharge.
The following preeminent hospitals and health systems recently selected Vocera Care Experience:
- Adirondack Health, Saranac Lake, N.Y.
- Baylor Health Care System, Dallas, Texas
- Mission Health, Asheville, N.C.
- North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Great Neck, N.Y.
- University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Ill.
"Reducing unnecessary hospital readmissions requires integrated, intelligent technology that empowers patients and families in their own medical care," said
, vice president and GM, Vocera Care Experience. "Our team is both thrilled and privileged to have partnered with a group of like-minded and pioneering hospitals. Guided by the unique insights and needs of our partners, the recent updates make the solution a more valuable resource than ever for healthcare providers looking to create a seamless patient experience and gain market share."
Vocera will be showcasing the new Vocera Care Experience Suite at the upcoming ANCC National Magnet Conference® in
Convention Center, North/South Building, Booth 1408. Visitors are welcome to stop by the booth to get more information or see a product demonstration.
Vocera empowers integrated, intelligent communication for mission-critical environments in healthcare, hospitality, energy, retail and other mobile work environments. One of the fastest growing mobile technology companies, Vocera is widely recognized for developing smarter ways to communicate that improve patient and customer satisfaction. Exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association, Vocera® Voice Communication, Secure Messaging, and Vocera Care Experience solutions are installed in more than 1,000 organizations worldwide. Vocera is headquartered in
San Jose, Calif.
, with offices in
, and the
. For more information, visit
Schwartz MSL 415.512.0770
SOURCE Vocera Communications, Inc.