SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vocera Communications, Inc. (NYSE: VCRA) today announced that it has partnered with several additional hospitals and health systems to implement Vocera Care Experience, a complete application suite designed to streamline communication across the continuum of care to improve patient experience and reduce unnecessary readmissions.
Vocera Care Experience includes the following modules all in one convenient application:
- Good to Go® solution to improve patient and family communication during discharge
- Care Calls workflow management to streamline patient follow-up calls
- Care Rounds to hardwire more meaningful and manageable rounding
- Performance Analytics to identify gaps in communication and performance
- PCP Notification to automatically inform primary care physicians of patient status
- SNF Communication to improve care transitions to skilled nursing facilities
Decreasing preventable hospital readmissions is at the vanguard of the Affordable Care Act's effort to eliminate unnecessary care and curb Medicare's growing spending. Starting on October 1, 2013, two-thirds of the nation's hospitals could be penalized with fines for high readmissions totaling approximately $227 million by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The Vocera Care Experience Suite plays an integral role in helping hospitals safeguard their bottom line. Organizations using the solution have experienced a 15 percent reduction in readmissions and a 63 percent improvement in HCAHPS scores for questions related to communication at discharge.The following preeminent hospitals and health systems recently selected Vocera Care Experience:
- Adirondack Health, Saranac Lake, N.Y.
- Baylor Health Care System, Dallas, Texas
- Mission Health, Asheville, N.C.
- North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Great Neck, N.Y.
- University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Ill.