NEW YORK, Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Realty Capital – Retail Centers of America, Inc. ("ARC Retail") announced today that it closed its acquisition of the Tiffany Springs MarketCenter, located in Kansas City, Missouri, on September 26, 2013, for a contract price of $53.5 million, exclusive of closing costs. The purchase of the Tiffany Springs MarketCenter represents ARC Retail's third acquisition of a retail power center with multiple credit tenants. ARC Retail's portfolio now exceeds $107 million in purchased assets.
"ARC Retail's acquisition of Tiffany Springs MarketCenter, our third property, remains consistent with our sector specific investment focus of buying attractive power centers and lifestyle properties in the U.S. We continue to accelerate the momentum from previous acquisitions, always looking for opportunities to buy well-positioned centers, in growth markets with a strong tenant base," said Nicholas S. Schorsch, ARC Retail's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Schorsch explained, "We continue to take advantage of attractive big-box investment opportunities while increasing our geographic and tenant diversity."
The Tiffany Springs MarketCenter contains approximately 240,000 rentable square feet and is 88% leased to 29 tenants. Three tenants, Best Buy (NYSE: BBY), The Sports Authority and PetSmart (NASDAQ: PETM), represent 48% of the annualized rental income of the property and are rated by major credit rating agencies.The lease to Best Buy contains approximately 46,000 rentable square feet and has a 10-year lease term which expires in January 2019. The lease to The Sports Authority contains approximately 42,000 rentable square feet and has a 10-year lease term which expires in January 2019. The lease to PetSmart contains approximately 25,000 rentable square feet and has a 10-year lease term which expires in July 2018.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV