HOUSTON, Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Invesco has filed for SEC registration of eight new mutual funds that are a suite of liquid alternative funds leveraging the strength of the firm's global investment management capabilities and 30-year history of alternative investing. These new funds expand Invesco's existing range of alternative mutual funds to provide financial advisors and investors with additional tools to manage risk when building portfolios.
The new open-end funds will cover various alternative strategies, including market neutral, unconstrained equity, long/short equity, global macro and multi-strategy, as well as low-volatility emerging markets.
Through more than 200 investment professionals across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, Invesco already manages more than $83 billion in alternatives across such major asset classes as commodities, balanced risk, bank loans, real estate and private equity. These products span open- and closed-end funds, ETFs, unit trusts, institutional trusts, separate accounts and private placements."Financial advisors and investors are increasingly looking to incorporate liquid alternatives to dampen volatility, provide diversification benefits and reduce correlation 1 to traditional equity and fixed income holdings," said Andrew Schlossberg, Head of U.S. Retail Distribution and Global ETFs. "We see the need for a shifting focus from asset allocation to what we call risk allocation, meaning an intentional addition or recalibration of strategies in a portfolio to help create a strong foundation for weathering market cycles. "We also believe financial advisors and individual investors will appreciate insights and resources designed to strengthen their knowledge on ways liquid alternatives can more effectively work with other types of investments to meet their financial goals." Given this clear evolution in the investing landscape, Invesco is not only providing additional product, but also developing a comprehensive education program designed to help financial advisors who are evaluating alternative strategies that may benefit their clients. Building upon Invesco's Risk Institute framework, advisors will be able to access:
- Invesco's leaders in risk management concepts.
- Tools to leverage its risk-management approach through risk education materials and strategies for risk-aware portfolio implementation.
- Consulting and thought leadership programs to help in the communication of risk topics to clients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV