- Enhanced subscription and system reporting: Red Hat Satellite 5.6 provides incremental levels of reporting which marry existing subscription views with newer reporting capabilities across subscription consumption and hardware details.
- Client system service analysis: Red Hat Satellite 5.6 supports aggregation of error and crash information via integration with the client-side reporting tool called ABRT (Automatic Bug Reporting Tool), providing a centralized mechanism to collect and analyze system state information at the time of an application crash on end clients.
- Inter-Satellite Sync (ISS) content management and trust refinement: Inter-Satellite Sync allows one Red Hat Satellite instance to pull content from another Satellite instance. With this release, users now have the ability to retain and refine Channel (or repository) access permissions when syncing from one Satellite to another. Administrators of each Satellite in a synchronized exchange now have finer control over access permissions per Satellite, per organization, and, by extension, per channel.
- Red Hat Satellite server hot-backups: The black box embedded database back end will exchange Oracle for PostgreSQL, providing the ability to perform hot-backups when backing up the Satellite server.
- Automated provisioning in PXE-less environments: Cobbler Build ISO support has been added to Satellite, enabling automated provisioning in environments without a PXE option via the creation of custom ISOs.
- Red Hat Satellite server scalability: Red Hat Satellite now has an installation option for deploying the Satellite admin-managed (embedded) database on a separate Red Hat Enterprise Linux system, providing significant scaling without requiring the expertise of a DBA.
- Choice of external, DBA-managed database: Red Hat Satellite 5.6 offers the option of using either a PostgreSQL or Oracle database for those requiring an external DBA-managed database for scaling, providing choice , if an external DBA-managed database is required.
Red Hat Releases Red Hat Satellite 5.6
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.